Sunday, May 31, 2015

     Shasta Dam

By: 

Ramyasree Kaja

Hi everyone, this week I went to Shasta Dam.  The view was very beautiful.  Before I came to this dam I thought dams were just used for blocking floods and stuff.  Then I found out that the dam is also used for creating electricity!  The shasta Dam is 602 ft tall.  It is the second highest and largest(by mass) dam in the world.  Second largest has got to be great!  The Shasta Dam is 3000 ft in crest length.  This was all constructed between 1938-1945.  Oh, and also the shasta dam creates the shasta lake.  I saw the Shasta Lake too.  Anyways, overall Shasta Dam was really neat.  I recommend this place to anyone who's interested.  Thanks.


                                         Image result for shasta dam
Image result for shasta dam

No comments:

Post a Comment