Monday, May 4, 2015

STATE REPORT

State Report
By:
Ramya Kaja

    If I were to choose one state to live in between Louisiana and Hawaii, I would choose Hawaii. I would choose Hawaii because it has better education, weather, attractions, and entertainment. These are just a few examples why I think so.
       
First of all, I think Hawaii gets loads of good weather. It gets a few tornadoes and hurricanes, but they’re not nearly as bad as the ones Louisiana gets. Louisiana has gotten a F3 on the tornado scale. I would have liked Hawaii’s tornadoes better, because they have never done any major damage to the islands before. The most destructive kind of tornado Hawaii has gotten before is a F2 tornado on the tornado scale. Almost everyday it is sunny but cloudy in Hawaii. Sometimes there are a few light showers then and now. Rarely do they ever get thunderstorms. They get hurricanes usually between June & November. The weather is much more tropical in Hawaii how I like it.    

Secondly, I think Hawaii has better education than Louisiana, because Louisiana got a ranking of #48 between all the states in the U.S. Which means Louisiana is the third worst state in education in the U.S! Hawaii on the other hand isn’t that great either. Hawaii got a ranking of #37 which is better than Louisiana though. One of the best universities in Hawaii is the University of Hawaii at Manoa in Honolulu. This is a doctor university and there are many more universities too. If I were to live there I’d clearly get better education than Louisiana.

Fortunately, Hawaii has one of my favorite things of all. Entertainment! Hawaii has so many things you can do when you’re bored or looking for fun. You can go surfing, watch hula dancers or fire dancers, listen to musical programs which tell about the “Aloha” spirit, or even go see dormant volcanoes! All these are fun and you can go do these right after school every single day. Louisiana has one festival that comes once a year before Easter called Mardi Gras. Just one really big festival. There are many entertainment programs where you can just relax and see hula dancing, which is the traditional dance in Hawaii. As you can see, there are many relaxing, adventure-taking, wild things to do at Hawaii.

To conclude, I think Hawaii would be the right place for my family and I. Hawaii has really good weather, education, and lots of entertainment for us to enjoy. Of course these are just a few examples of fortunate things for living in Hawaii.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment